Thursday, May 28, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Generally I don't like to have the computer at the table while we're eating, but I started uploading photos while Clara worked with Beth Anne, and so I figured I'd try to finish up really quickly while the kids finish their lunches.
I'm not going to take the time to write about each photo, or even put them in order. Suffice it to say that I had a fabulous birthday weekend!
Here are Pete and I enjoying a Volcano at Hala Kahiki. We blew out the flame before imbibing.
Here's Pete after a few more sips.
Our weekend also involved a lot of play time in the yard. Clara enjoyed the tubes.
Here she is with her pal Adelaide.
Jeff was an awesome playmate to Henry. They spent lots of time playing baseball and football and also just romping round in the tubes.
Back to birthday night....we had an awesome dinner at Prairie Grass Cafe. Here's my grass-fed steak.
And my complimentary birthday cake!
Amber and Jeff at the 'Hiki.
And Pete and I....I'm not sure if the blurry eyes are due to the drinks (I also had a Hawaiian Caress) or just the romantic lighting.
The next morning Clara played with my lei.
And Henry posed with Adelaide.
We went to the Botanic Garden.
And...again, here we are playing in the tubes.

I think Pete took these photos with my new lens.
Babes in jammies.
This isn't a great photo of Jeff and Henry rocking out, but I do like how you can tell Henry's enthusiasm by his leg lift.
I got two cakes.
Later Clara played Babushka in the backyard.
And Henry convinced me to get in the tubes with him.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to a delightful birthday weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

amber c. said...

I love babes in jammies and also baby babushka. I'm guessing the handiwork of your mom!

amber c. said...

Jeff says, "Poor Betsy and Pete. Now they're going to have to play in the tubes thanks to me!" But I think he likes playing in the tubes.