Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Yesterday we celebrated Liz's graduation from North Park university. She now has her master's in vocal performance. Congratulations Liz!!
The school of music gets to wear pink tassels!
After the graduation we went out for a nice Italian dinner. The kids were out late, but they were pretty well behaved.
I don't usually get pictures of myself on my camera... Here I am with my new wrappy-shawl cape from Mary for mother's day. It even matched my shirt!
The sleeping hours could have been better. For the last week we have had lots of bedtime struggles with Clara. Last night she went to bed okay, since she was pretty much already conked out in the car from it being so late. But then she woke at 3:00 to nurse and wouldn't go back to bed. Eventually Pete laid down with her (still crying) in Henry's bed, because Henry had come in to sleep in our bed. Ugh.
I did get a little sleep, though, when Pete took the kids with him to get me a Mother's Day mocha. And even though I wasn't sleeping I did get to stay in bed until 8:00, drinking my mocha, opening cards and presents and reading the Sunday paper while the kids crawled around.
I didn't get a picture of Pete making breakfast, or of the breakfast itself, but here you can see the tulips he brought in from our yard, my mocha, the strawberries and a little lego toy.
Pete made a delicious baked praline french toast. I might have to request it again for my birthday.
Here's a close-up picture (because the far away ones of my in my jammies were just too unpleasant) of my new necklace. I had seen these on Etsy and must have mentioned it to Pete, but then forgot all about them. They're made of recycled sterling and (bonus!) if we have another baby they can add another fawn!
After breakfast we spent some money from my mom on some new flowers for the front. I replanted some of the geraniums from last summer in the window boxes. They had thrived over the winter and I hated to cut them back again, but I did...a bit. We'll see how they do.
When Henry napped I did some weeding in the back. Clara discovered Bart and spent some quality time cuddling and kissing him. Also note that Pete dressed her in a pair of pants that were mine as a toddler....perhaps made for me by my grandma.
Pete pulled this huge dandelion out from the grass. He's so burly.
Finally, here's Henry describing the picture he had drawn for me for mother's day. I especially like the parts about the tornadoes. I didn't get him talking about it, but there's also a rhinoceros in the picture.


Happy mother's day to all of you. Many X's and O's!!!

1 comment:

amber c. said...

sounds like a very nice weekend and fantastic way to spend mother's day! hope you got more sleep last night (we've caught what you had over here, and got very little. ugh!).