Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hubby Gone, Mom to the Rescue

Hubby is gone for a few days, so Mom came to help out. She leaves tomorrow, Monday. The next couple mornings will be the true test of my womanhood. Full time job (Monday-Wednesday) and a baby to take care of. I think showering at night will be the key. Tried to take Mom to see the new house today, but we couldn't get in so we had to peek in the windows. I'm so excited for the move. So excited to have a yard and laundry and parking. SO excited to be able to walk to Baskin Robbins.
Watching a little thing about Bode Miller on 60 Minutes right now. Very interesting guy.
Also today: made a couple weeks' worth of food for Baby. Spinach, carrots and sweet potato to freeze. Brown rice for the next few days. That always makes me feel like I've accomplished something worthwhile...preparing healthy food for my child.
Does anyone know when Ellen is back in town? Yet? I'm so bad....just sent Christmas package yesterday. Are you out there Ellen? Sorry I was so pokey.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

i too just sent out ellen's package on friday! we suck. i'm not sure about her return. i used her being gone as an excuse to not send it sooner!

flyingwaffle said...

I'm here. I'm just hiding. I had to set up a freaking blog identity to respond. I guess I can start posting stuff now. Crazy bloggers trying to get everyone to blog. Ahh!