Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What The...?

So, Baby is a little bit ill. His cold is bringing him down. Runny nose, little tiny cough. So I called a sub for tomorrow. I figure if Little Man can sleep in and not have to be bundled up and toted about it may help him get better. So he had his dinner a little late...around six. Spinach and sweet potato. I tried to give him a little thawed out frozen peach for dessert, but he didn't care for that. Don't know why...he just kept spitting it right back out. One time he stuck it back in his own mouth so he could spit it out again, which was pretty cute.
But here's the crazy thing.... He ate late, then I changed him, washed his hands, brushed his teeth (Grammie taught him to spit, but he doesn't actually spit anything out, just sort of says "ptt!") I had nursed him when we first got home (around 5:30) because he was upset and I thought it couldn't hurt. So I decided to try putting him down to sleep without nursing. The light was on, his eyes were open. I layed him down in his crib, gave him his Nuk and blankie, tucked his quilt around him and walked away. He didn't even whimper! I shut off the light and left and he just went to sleep! Craziest darn thing! I did go peek about half an hour later (7PM) and he sat up and looked at me like "Oh yeah, I thought you'd be coming by..." I tried to walk away and he cried a bit. But when I layed him back down with his nuk again he just went right back to sleep. Don't quite know what to make of it all. I guess I"m just a genius of a mother.

1 comment:

amber c. said...

this entry makes me smiles, along with the ceral one. hope hank is feeling better today!