Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's about to get serious


Took a trip to A Close Knit today. Not just to browse the cute things they sell, but to actually get some yarn and tips to start my first serious project! So here it is....a sweater for Henry, of course. Because he's small and forgiving. The plan is for it to be a Valentine's present for him....thus the red. It should go pretty quickly, as it's all garter stitch. On the advice of the clerk I bought six instead of eight balls. She didn't even want to sell me six, really. She looked at the pattern (in a book from the libarary) and thought the amount of yarn they called for was crazy. She did think I should try size ten needles instead of the elevens it suggests. So I bought those too.....and some embroidery needles to do the sewing up. Now I just have to find the time to start! When Pete gets home tonight I must go to the Y, and then I ought to get ready for conferences-as they're tomorrow. Won't have energy after conferences tomorrow, since I won't get home until close to 8PM. Maybe Henry will stay occupied with his piano long enough for me to start now.....not likely.
In other news: someone is moving out from upstairs. There haven't been 'for sale' signs...so no idea who it is. It doesn't sound like Jerky, which is sad news for us. Though, we're moving soon enough....so we'll be done with him either way.

1 comment:

amber c. said...

love the color and variations in the yarn! it's going to be lovely! you're really cookin' on the knitting! the pattern looks very manageable!