Saturday, January 14, 2006

Oh no.

So today we had Merry Maids come to do some deep cleaning before our open house tomorrow. It will be the third open house, and the third time's a charm, right? The weather is supposed to be really nice, so that should get people out. Of course, the Bears play at 3:00, so that may be a bit of an impediment... But we're thinking positively. Even just one person coming in would be nice. The cleaners did a pretty nice job. The first thing I noticed was that the fans and window blinds look great. They also did an excellent job on the stove, microwave and toaster oven. Then I walked into the living room. I guess they got all the way under the couch....somewhere we hadn't been in a long, long time. They left two things on the coffee table that they found under there. The first was an old Franklin-chewed Frisbee. The second was this:

I must say, I was startled. I've cleaned a lot of nasty things out of the many fridges I've owned over the years. I would never try to fool anyone into thinking I was a neatnick, but this offended even my sensibilities. I don't even know when the last time Henry used a shortie bottle was. I'm not sure if you can tell in the photo, but there was some stuff dangling in there, and sort of a bead of goo coming out of the tip of the nipple. So, I don't know. Maybe this is just too much information to be sharing with whoever is reading this (Mom). But I think a blog should be about truth, and what is more truthful than letting people know about the funk under your couch? By the way...after taking the photo I threw the whole bottle away. There was no amount of sterilizing that was going to make me feel okay about using that thing.

1 comment:

amber c. said...

i am really glad to know you threw it away. the suspense of getting to that part of the entry was nearly killing me. that's pretty gross. i bet the maids were a'merry when they found that! how did the OH go?