Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Change of pace...




I thought I'd switch things up a bit and post a little about my work life. I wouldn't take the liberty to post photos of my students, as those are other peoples' kids, but here are some shots of recent projects we're working on...
We're in the middle of a fairy tale unit- my favorite unit of study. Here's a picture of the gingerbread house upon which we track the characteristics of different fairy tales we read. Also, a picture of our hallway

bulletin board showing pages where students wrote about what wish they would want a fairy godmother to grant. Finally, a picture from a fun parent-led activity today. The parents came in to teach the kids about Da Vinci as artist and inventor. The kids made wave bottles with water, oil and food coloring so they, too, could study the movements of water.

1 comment:

amber c. said...

fun stuff! how's the knitting coming? what size needles do you have? i'm going to send you duplicates of what i have from marjorie's collection.