Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Empty, we hope.


Pete and I spent a good three or four hours on Sunday emptying the last remaining things out of the condo and cleaning up. Here are some photos of the place empty. We spent a few last moments in each room. I didn't get misty, but it was a melancholy experience, especially saying goodbye to Henry's first bedroom. We did leave just one thing behind...this sticker baby photo of me from my 30th birthday party. Seemed a shame to try to peel it off the fridge.
I made my last trip to the car with the welcome mat, the boom box and the bucket of cleaning supplies, then sat there while Pete grabbed the last flower pot and locked up. I noticed our upstairs neighbor, Jerky, walking across the street. When Pete got to the car I asked if he'd seen Jerky (real name: Pete. Thus, we must call him by his more accurate name, Jerky). Pete then relayed this conversation to me:

Jerky: You guys moving?
Pete: Yep. We're out.
Jerky: Good luck.
Pete: (claims to have said nothing, but I'm sure he probably said "thanks" or "see ya".)

Jerk. We ran through a myriad of responses Pete could have had, none of which ought to be repeated here....polite company and all. Probably best that he just kept his mouth shut. Now we can move on with our pleasant, quiet suburban life. Ah....the sweet, sweet joy of not having an upstairs neighbor...

1 comment:

amber c. said...

aw, it was a good little first home!