Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Last Supper

Here is where I've been spending a lot of time this summer:
It's the Reading Clinic at Northeastern Illinois. Clinic was the final course of my graduate studies program. It consisted of being at class from 4-9 every Monday and Wednesday. The first two hours were spent tutoring, the rest of the time was spent in seminar. These first two photos are of the clinic itself, where we each had a cubicle to decorate and use as our 'classroom'.
Last night was my last class! All I have left is an exam in October and then I'll officially have my MA in Reading. Here's a shot of the class out for a celebratory dinner after our parent conferences last night. It was a great feeling for most of us, and we feel for the few others who still have a couple courses to take. If you're one of the Shure readers of this blog, you'll probably recognize the restaurant.
Take note: when eating at Graziano's do not sit under the air conditioning pipes. Kerry and Betsy O. got dripped on all through their dinner!
In summary: last class, soon to have master's in hand, no longer driving down to NEIU twice a week...what will I do with all my free time? Maybe I should start teaching Henry to read.

Congratulations to all the girls, and Dan, for making it through Clinic! See most of you in October!

3 comments:

amber c. said...

yay! you go, you edumacated family!

Carrie and Rob said...

Congratulations!

-r

Carrie and Rob said...

I love the happy cubicle photo! I'm currently contemplating to what extent I'll decorate my new office (which may be the size of a cubicle).
Congratulations on being done with coursework--I know what a relief that is!

xo,
c