Wednesday, August 23, 2006

S'more






Here are a few more pictures from our trip. I guess I'm having trouble letting go...school is getting closer and closer and I never feel quite ready for that...
Henry really enjoyed the time he was able to spend with some of his aunts and uncles. Will and Rob helped him with rock throwing and toad observation. Sandy taught him a loon call, and Carrie rode in the car with us all they way back to Minneapolis. Kudos to her for putting up with repeated listenings of "Monkey", the Curious George soundtrack.
There's a picture here of Gooseberry Falls, where we stopped to walk around a bit on our way back to Duluth. If you squint you can see that the place was actually swarming with people. Nice spot, otherwise!
The last picture shows some of the bounty I was able to bring home from Sandy and Will's garden. Tomatoes, eggplant, fresh basil! What a treat. I've already made baked eggplant parmigiana and pesto and eaten lots of tomato slices.

1 comment:

Carrie and Rob said...

Don't forget - I also worked with Henry on how to say "nice" repeatedly... like 20 times in a row in different voices.

-r