Friday, August 11, 2006

Maybe a little crazy...





Yesterday I decided I had to finish the painting project I had started last weekend. It was probably a little silly of me to try to do this while home alone with a toddler, especially considering the marker incidents of the last few days. All things considered, it went pretty well. Henry did put his hand on the freshly painted walls a couple times, but that was quickly fixed. Mostly the issue was that I couldn't just start and get it done...there were several interruptions for diaper changes, nap, lunch, needing to get to the slide right away...
I'm very pleased with the color! I'm not sure how it will show up on various computers, but I tried to show it next to the shelves with the complimentary color and I took a picture of the corner where I stopped painting, so as to leave the 'living room' separate from the 'dining room'. I think it's a little hard to see with the shadows and everything. I obviously still need to put everything back in the china cabinet. I"m also not sure if Henry's art table will be staying in that spot. Now, is anyone interested in coming over to paint the bedrooms or my kitchen? I thought I might get on a roll, but now I'm not so sure.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

maybe we should arrange trips to each others houses to paint. or, maybe just the trips and no painting. that would be more fun.

Anonymous said...

Betsy...very brave of you to attempt the painting with the little guy around. I'm proud of you. The color turned out lovely...however, my computer doesn't pick up the color on the back of the shelves. I like that you moved the pitchers to different shelves instead of having them all on one. But...I miss the framed Henry pictures on the middle shelf near his cup and saucer. But then, it is your house, not mine. So, I should keep my mouth shut perhaps.
And...I like Amber's idea...I've been thinking about a few painting projects around here as well...my bedroom, the kitchen, the guest room and the upstairs bath. Ack!