Friday, June 09, 2006

A Busy Day...










Henry and I did some gardening this morning. I cleaned out this little side garden where I had planted the tomato plant. It is doing very well...even had a few little blooms recently, so I think we'll have tomatoes this summer! Today I dug the weeds out from the bed and cleaned up around the bricks. I planted two little yellow pepper plants (also from Mom) so that the tomato won't be lonely. While I was working I unearthed a little army guy. He's probably been there at least 3 years.
I also put a jack-in-the-pulpit in the ground. It went in the back of the yard, with the bluebells and violets. I hope they all do okay!





















Good news for Carrie...the mint is coming back. I may try some mojitos this weekend!
I got a shot of the little redheaded bird that's been visiting my feeder...anyone able to tell what it is? It's finch sized. I guess I could look in my book.



























Later this afternoon Henry and I spent some time playing with a tub of sand. He decided he wanted to feel it with his feet, and then he just climbed all the way in. He sat there playing for about 15 minutes.
When Pete came home we had a little dinner and then walked over to the velodrome to see some bike races. Henry loves watching them speed by. He points and yells "Go Go Go!!" He didn't like it when we took his mini-basketball away from him, but he had almost dropped it on the track. Actually, he did drop it during the national anthem, but Pete scrambled and got it before it went on the track. When you come and visit (whoever you are) we'll head over to the velodrome. They do races at least every Thursday night, and it's just $2 to get in. Pretty fun.
Pete put Henry to bed tonight so I could make some brownies. I was also supposed to get some homework done, but that hasn't happened. They went to bed at least two hours ago....but I haven't seen Pete yet. He must have conked out on the floor.

4 comments:

W.F. Decker said...

Watch out! Henry will become a cyclist! That's OK, grandpa has already been examining small bikes and trikes. The real question here is whether or not Henry gets to have and to play with the toy solider. What's the answer?

Betsy said...

The little army guy is already floating around in one of Henry's buckets. I've had several experiences recently which have led me to believe we're making guns and army guys way too taboo with kids. It seems to be creating a backlash, where they just think those things are super cool becuase they're taboo.

Anonymous said...

love the tub chockful of sand
and boy! time to spring for a
real sandbox methinks.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious Henry in the tub! I thought the army guy was stationed on the brick so as to fend of those infernal wabbits!