Friday, June 16, 2006

Flowers, Fish, Food.



While Henry munches on a few Jewel Brand crunchy granola raisin bran flakes, I thought I'd do a quick entry.





















I am delighted to share these new flower photos from my garden. This pink rose is not one of the ones I planted, though they are blooming as well. This is a little surprise rose that's popping it's way up through some dense groundcover. I recently received lots of wonderful gardening books...I just need to find the time to sit down and peruse them. Then I'll be able to actually tell you what that nice groundcover is. The day lilies are also finally blooming....such a pretty golden yellow. I'm waiting for the buds to open on what I've been told might be stargazer lilies.











When Pete got home yesterday I was worn out from a day with No-Nap Henry. I'm hoping for Napping Henry to come back today, or I don't know how either of us will make it through the heat. While I tried to close my eyes for a few moments on the couch, Pete and Henry admired the new Mayan head fish tank sculpture, which Henry picked out at PetCo yesterday. The fishtank had been looking a little barren.










Pete, continuing with his role as Superhusband (which he's especially had to take on while I'm in this busybusy class) went shopping and made dinner last night. He caught me checking in on the grill...as I'm prone to do...but really the meal was his. Delicious. We did get the birdfeeder hooked up outside Henry's window. It's a little precarious, so we might have to explore other options today....So far I've seen one little finch feeding there, but he flew away pretty quickly. I think it will take them a while to get used to being so close to the house. Bird and bird feeder pictures to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love









Love Henry's kewpie-doll lips
in the first shot! Couldn't ya
just eat him up?