Thursday, June 15, 2006

How does he know?




A short story and some unrelated photos...
Yesterday we were getting ready to take a morning walk. We had to go to the library, and we stopped at Starbucks and the hardware store on the way, since the library doesn't open until 9. Henry was in a mood that is quite typical lately...he wanted to choose what to wear and he was having none of my suggestions. The outfit he ended up in was a white onesie, with his tan overalls...fine, so far. Then he insisted on wearing his fancy shoes instead of his sandals...and his new stars and stripes hat that Grammie bought him at the arts fest in IC. It wasn't too crazy of an outfit, just a little off.... I wish I had a picture of that.
So when we got to Starbucks I wasn't surprised that someone commented on his hat. "And all ready for flag day too!" she said. I chuckled amiably. Come to find out later that indeed it WAS Flag Day yesterday! Somehow Henry knew. He'd never worn the hat before, but yesterday he was all about it. As a sidebar, we were back to the house by 10:30 AM, but still managed to run into at least 5 students or groups of students that I knew. Also got chatted up for about 20 mintues by a friendly clerk named Ziggy at the hardware store. Such a friendly small town!
Right now we're trying to put off Henry's morning nap. He's getting a bit cranky but we need to move his nap time closer to 10:30 if we're going to handle a 9:15 Wiggleworms class. Other plans for the day include shopping for bird seed so we can fill up the feeder Will and Sandy bought Henry for my birthday. We're going to try to set it up outside Henry's bedroom window. Stay tuned for photos of what I'm sure will be an interesting fiasco.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those little ones have a direct connection to the cosmos. They know everything! I'm loving seeing the blankie I made in some of the Henry shots!