Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mama's Day!

We've had a very nice day! I got to sleep in a bit while Henry and Pete went to the bakery. Henry came back with chocolate on his face "I ate some of my donut in the car"! He also brought me a Snoopy card and told me all about the flowers that were waiting for me in the kitchen. I spent a nice morning snacking on donuts and reading the paper in bed.
Later we went to Deerfield for some burgers and salad made by Pete, Peter Sr. and Liz. When we came home Henry had a much overdue nap....Pete and I may have conked out too. It was actually sort of a championship level naptime.
When we awoke it was time for ice cream. I don't know how I've lived in this area for 7-8+ years and have never been to Homer's! Henry wanted "M&M ice cream!" but the closest we could get was chocolate chip.
I had a mother's day hot fudge sundae! Check out the olde tyme look of this place. It's been there since 1935! Story goes that Al Capone used to hang out there.
Henry was fascinated by the gumball machines.
I was fascinated by this lady behind him. She clearly had a wig on, with a sparkly headband, glitter butterfly clip and two pairs of glasses. She appeared to be there with her son, who was probably 50 or 60 himself. I wish I had a better shot! She was a classy dame. I can only hope that some day, when I'm as old, Henry still wants to take me out for ice cream on mother's day.
Happy Mother's Day to all Classy Moms out there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yesterday during brunch with your mom, we told her how delicious homer's ice cream is (especially fresh peach) and that she should go with you guys the next time she's in town for a visit. a kooky coincidence, but not nearly as kooky as a glittery wig and 2 pair of sunglasses!

Carrie and Rob said...

Wowie Zowie!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Happy Belated Mama's Day, Little Mama! Henry's a lucky little guy -- for that matter, so're you two! (Lucky, that is, and not little. Unless, of course, the tables have been turned on youse guys, too: "I a big boy! You little boy! Teddy is a baby!" Oh, yéh!)