Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lovely weekend...and there's still a whole day left!

Happy Graduation Day to Sandy!

Pete had the day off work yesterday, so we were able to spend a whole perfect day together! The weather was lovely. We went to Evanston for Wiggleworms and a haircut, some walking about in the nice weather...and after being home for lunch and a nap we went back so we could have dinner at Dave's. Man we miss being close to that place. Here's Henry enjoying some pre-dinner bread. And me with my new haircut and sauce-drenched ravioli.
I took advantage of the nice weather today to plant my impatiens. I tucked them in amongst the hostas near our front door. This spot has always looked messy and unfinished.
I put a few more in front of our weird little fence and ugly rose bush. I also potted the begonias in a big painted pot that a kindergarten class gave me about 5 years ago.
It made the front of the house look a little nicer, but we do still need to rip out the horrid yew bushes. Pete started in on one today and broke his bow saw. They will be quite a challenge and we're secretly hoping for some help from some of the male members of my family.
Tomorrow: photos of our new bedroom furniture!

No comments: