Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Furniture

For months Pete has been scouring Craigslist and sending me photos of bedroom furniture, most of which I rejected upon first glance. We went to see one set, but turned it down after opening the drawers and seeing the cheap quality. Recently there have been a few we've both liked the looks of, which we were all set to see, but then the sellers sold before we were able to get there. Finally we found this set and called right away. They were right in Northbrook, which was perfect. We ended up really liking the couple who was selling it- but they're moving to Ireland. It took Pete and his dad 3 trips to bring it over yesterday. A bed, two night tables and a dresser with a mirror! We had to rearrange the room a bit to make room for the bedside tables. I'm not a fan of blocking a window, but it works out okay.


Henry was so excited to come sleep in the new bed that he was in our room by 3:30 this morning. Now we just have to paint these ugly beige walls. I love cream, but I can't tolerate beige! I found a color I was quite fond of, I think it's called river rock...? Maybe that will be a summer project. That, the bathrooms, and finally painting over Prince Kyle's room.

3 comments:

amber c. said...

nice set!

Carrie and Rob said...

Are you talking about her furniture Amber?! LoL. Seriously, very nice furniture sis, I really like it.

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Another thumbs up! Really lovely & looks as though it was well worth the waiting & watching!