Monday, May 28, 2007

"Skay-das!"

We've been doing lots of cicada investigation this weekend. My poor ginkgo has been swarmed. It's the tiniest tree we have and seems to get the most cicada attention. We re-wrapped it and they still get inside! Here it is pre-re-wrapped:
Here's Henry across the street checking out some of the unlucky fellows on the sidewalk. The street, also is full of cicada grease marks.
I'll put up my Henry and cicada videos as soon as I can get you tube going, but in the meantime here are some pics of other weekend activities. We went to the (short) Memorial Day parade and gathering in the park today with Grandma and Bampa. Henry loves the sousaphones.
Henry and I made raspberry-lemonade popsicles with my new popsicle mold. We're anxiously awaiting full frozen-ness. I admit I did have a taste of some of the not-totally-frozen leftovers in the ice cube tray, though. My first thought may or may not have been "these would be great with a little rum".
And here's a very flattering photo of me putting in my seedlings. I hope they do okay. I'm sure Pete was right when he said I put the tomatoes too close together (don't y'all pay attention to the adjective in my blog title?). I also planted peppers and cauliflower and broccoli (the latter two not from seeds- from an impulse purchase at the hardware store).

1 comment:

sarah90046 said...

mama B,
I realize that when I respond to you in the comments on others' blogs you are probably not hearing from me. I just want to say hi. Thanks for the cicada posts. I have been wondering about how they are doing and have never seen them when they swarm. Good luck with the garden -- remember, seeds are tough, it's them not you if they don't make it.
xo, S.