Saturday, May 12, 2007

Socks, fabulous socks!








As an early birthday present from Joyce I got these awesome hand knit socks! I love them! I keep meaning to post about them, along with some photos of the socks she made Henry, but I've been a bit of a slacker, so this is all you get for now. I think the name of the pattern is BFF, right Joyce? Which I also love (the pattern and the name). If you look closely you'll see the cabling. They feel very very good on my feet and I love the colors. I have to be judicious about wearing them, though, because I think they're hand-wash and dryer free. Franklin likes them too.
Thanks Joyce! If it's chilly on my birthday I'll definitely wear them then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...VERY cool socks!!! The photos do not do the colors justice, however. Yes, the pattern's name IS BFF. They were designed by my favorite sock designer, Cookie. See more of her patterns here: http://www.knitanon.com/blog/bff.html

I cannot wait to knit some of her other patterns. I LOVE knitting socks!

The yarn I used for Betsy's socks was Koigu KPPPM (color #P113). I loved knitting with this yarn and it is my favorite sock yarn so far....just in case any of you are lookin' for some great sock yarn

Happy Birthday (early) to you FN!!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

LOVE the socks! (Socks are the main reason I'm still trying to get my act together & learn how to knit... argh!)

Anonymous said...

koigu is truly awesome yarn! i have a few skeins of a koigu knock-off (high quality knock-off, mind you) with which i hope to make elizabeth zimmerman's baby surprise jacket (http://www.knitting-and.com/wiki/Baby_Surprise_Jacket)
sometime soon...
great work, joyce!

amber c. said...

beautiful work! let's have a "sock learnin'" weekend with all the ladies and joyce can show us how -- jy, are you in?!