Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Funny Columbine

Some great things are popping up in my messy garden. Here's a flourishing Columbine that mom brought me last year. I wasn't sure whether it would survive, but it has come out with beautiful purple blooms this year.
I plan to add a couple new Columbines to the same area. Yesterday Peter and Mary picked Henry and I up early in the morning and took us to the high school's plant sale. I filled up two boxes with bunches of exciting things all for just $29! I'm not sure you can see them in this photo, but I found a very pretty red and a lavender and white Columbine. There are also dusty miller, impatiens, begonias, dahlias, sweet allysum and some moss roses. They'll go into the ground by the end of the weekend.
Here's a shot of my messy vegetable garden spot. You can see the peas coming up on the right. Will and Sandy are probably right that I'll need something more substantial-or higher- to support the peas. The carrots are popping up on the left. I'll need to thin them, but I'm a little afraid of how much to do.
This is my ginkgo, planted last year from the IC Project Green sale. It's leafing out quite well!
And here's my new frog prince. He was sort of a self-purchased mother's day gift. I bought him a while ago but told Pete to wrap him up and give him to me for mother's day. Not sure where his final home in the garden will be. I love his crown! We do have a little toad friend that lives in the yard too...maybe they'll be pals.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

we were just chatting about your gardening -- so the update is perfect timing!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

LOVELY! Did I tell you I used one of your ideas for potting several flowering plants together (from an earlier blog post) on our terrace? And that it's lovely! When I get an iota of free time, I'll post a pic -- or send one to you. Thanks!