Wednesday, April 09, 2008

3 Months and Home Improvement

So....guess who turned 3 months old yesterday! How is she growing and changing? Mostly just getting cuter every day. She does lots of cooing and gooing. We have a nightly chat just before bedtime. She also loves to kick in the bathtub. And she's holding her head up when she's on her tummy. She's starting to spend more nights in her big crib, but doesn't sleep as long in there. If we let her stay in her co-sleeper she'll sleep from 8PM until 4 or 5AM. So the temptation to let her sleep in our room is strong. Plus, how could you resist this face?
Here's a shot from Clara's typical point-of-view. Of course, this was taken before Henry got home from work and took down Ernie, Bert and Elmo ("those are mine!")
In home improvement news....
After some interesting run-ins with wiring....
Pete and Henry got the new lights installed in the bathroom.
Here's what's happening today. This is the eating area between the family room and the kitchen. I have wiped off the walls, patched a spot and taped around the borders. I may try to start painting in an hour or so- depending on what type of napping Clara decides to do.
So, if you're not familiar with our house- the bathroom that I just painted is there on the right. Through that doorway next to the paintings is the laundry area....which may or may not get painted.
Here's the bathroom and the side of the dryer in the left-hand picture. And the view into the kitchen on the right. So...when all finished the shades of yellow will start with the lightest in the bathroom and progress through either 3 or 4 shades (depending on the laundry area) into the kitchen, which will be the deepest yellow. Right now I'm leaning towards Yellow Brick Road for the kitchen color. Lemon Drops is just a tad more pale. I'm not sure if I said, but the eating area will be Song of Summer.
Ellen asked how I am getting things done. A) Henry is at school. B) Clara is doing this:
C) I tend to get things done in fits and starts. You can ask Pete about the rearranging of the dining room shelves, which I started a week ago....

Also, Ellen asked who Katie is. My (22 year-old?) cousin Katie (from Burlington) is coming to stay with us for a couple of months, from the end of this month through the end of of June. She's studying physical therapy at Mayo and will be doing an internship in Evanston. This means we will have two Geminis in the house. Should be interesting. Might help balance out those two Scorpios a little bit. And my poor little Capricorn baby will just have to be very patient with all of us....fortunately that's a Capricorn trait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Clara is a total "mini me" as in you, not me, of course!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Clara photo. And congrats on the "new" bathroom. Good going. Who will get their bathroom done first? You guys or me?
By the by.....Kate will be 24 in May.

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Wow. I was about to ask the same questions Ellen asked, and lo and behold! but further down the post... You're doing an amazing job, in any case!

And I keep meaning to tell you that I love reading about the snowy day activities you dream up for Henry!