Thursday, April 03, 2008

Gymnastics!

Here are some pictures from Henry's first day at gymnastics. There were 5 in the class and they did all sorts of things. Here they are being giraffes or something: (Henry is in the blue sweatpants and white shirt.)
Frogs?
Henry on the balance beam...which he usually ran across:
At the end of class they got to use the scooters. I have video of that- but they moved so painfully slowly that I decided it wasn't much fun to watch.
Then they all sat down on the balance beam to get a stamp on their hand. Henry is admiring his here:
And here's a little bit of action. This was shot during a time when Henry was actually doing what he was supposed to be doing. I must say, he was not always the best listener during the class. There were several times I wanted desperately to redirect him, but I mostly held my tongue. Still, he wasn't exactly "naughty" and he had a great time! Now he's cashed out.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what fun! the "obstacle course" was always by favorite unit in elementary gym class--especially the scooters!
i like that pink pants girl let henry go through the mat tunnel first when she got ahead of him--very sweet.
in super special exclusive news--eleanor has started to crawl! gymnastics here we come (in two years)!

Anonymous said...

Wait, I was going to say "What fun!" Anyway, fun! And cute haircut!