Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Plastic Bags Blow

Okay- yesterday's post got a lot of great comments. Here are some bags I saw on another website. Look how cute they are!
And they fold up really tiny, so they're easy to take with you and have on hand.

Somehow they seem more appropriate for Target/clothes shopping than string bags do. Though- something I do is to just put the clothes in the bottom basket part of the stroller. It may make it look like I'm shoplifting- but I'll just carry my receipt right in my hand. I, also, have had funny feelings about what people will think of me. But really? Who the hell cares!??! If that's what people are choosing to judge me on- let them. And I learned a long time ago that I'm much happier when I don't live by the rules of "what will people think?" Anyway. Lest I get soapboxy again....
Here are the wrapsacks Sandy mentioned. Their original product was gift-wrap bags (thus the name) but Sandy's right- they do have really cute totes! And they fold up into a little zipper pouch, I think.

Sorry about the quality of the images. I borrowed them off of their websites.
Also- I really like this website. And their t-shirts.
Get it? Ha ha. I found some good string bags there. They also have mesh produce bags so you don't have to take all of your produce home in plastic. I got some of those for Will and Sandy for Christmas. I actually just bought some for myself at WholeFoods too. I started with 2- because I still had plastic produce bags I was reusing. But I think I'll get some more. Did you hear that WholeFoods has gotten rid of plastic bags entirely? As of yesterday. Kudos to them! I wish every place would do it. It's so easy, and so much better in so many ways, to use reusable bags- why doesn't everyone do it?

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I should note that Whole Foods has NOT gotten rid of plastic for their produce and bulk items.....that would be much harder, I concede.

Anonymous said...

We just thot you were really popular and got a comment while we were busily reading your post from yesterday, but then we saw it was your own comment! Not that you're not popular -- at least with us!

Ernie Cox said...

I am usually too absent minded to have the bags with me so I attempt to heap all of the items up and balance it to the car....talk about the looks.