Saturday, April 12, 2008

Catching Up

There are several things I've been meaning to get to, so let's consider this a catch-up post.
Most recently- Henry got to meet Clifford last night. We went to a Members Only night at the Children's Museum. (Yes- we wore our jackets. Pete's is gray- mine is maroon.) We weren't sure how Henry would do when it was actually his turn to hug Clifford- but he was actually very excited and comfortable with it. Don't tell Santa.
Less recently....Amber asked if I made this mobile for Clara:
No. That's a Flensted mobile. We love them. But, because you can't have too many pretty, floaty things hanging from the ceiling, I did make this one:
And she likes it pretty well too.
And in news of things that other people made....here are a few more of the lovelier-than-words knitted gifts Clara has received. A blanket from Great-Aunt Joyce, which Clara has been sleeping under lately....in her own crib....until 5:30 AM!!!A soft yellow sweater from Samantha (friend of Aunt Carrie, Mommy of Sofia). Sofia was a little worried, because yellow is her favorite color. We are very pleased that she chose to share it. Thanks Sofia!
The flash photos are really not doing these pieces justice. You'll have to trust me when I tell you that the colors are gorgeous. This next one is from Aunt Carrie. Also yellow. Great minds think in shades of yellow.
Here are the cute-cute Peter Rabbit buttons.
And from Sarah. Also friend of Aunt Carrie (to be fair, I also call these women my friends, but they belonged to Carrie first). You might remember the cute orange hat and booties Aunt Sandy knit for Clara. Like I said...great minds...
I love how Sarah used 4 different red-orange buttons. Also, this sweater is a hoodie.
A week ago we went to a birthday party for our little friend Ava. We got to meet Max for the first time. He was born when Clara had her pneumonia- so he's a month younger than Clara. Here are the proud papas.
And the baby switch.
I know he's still working on the first one, but I think Kevin looks good in pink, don't you? Please take note of the fashionable leg-warmers from Auntie Ellen.
Here's Henry doing his yoga this morning while I made crepes. Again. It might be a new thing.
And finally....Henry busts a move to a little Elvis. He told me he wanted "really rock and roll!" The kid's got skills. He does get a little shy at the end though, and- like the true paparazzo I am- I kept the camera on him. Sorry, Pal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little one sure has some cute duds! And, her brother has some moves. I absolutely love the way he wiggled his way across the living room/dining room....

Unknown said...

Kevin's wife isn't so sure he looks good in pink. :) At least not now.