Sunday, June 07, 2009

I Heart Arts Fest

Here's some more from our nice weekend. Clara was feeling much better. We all went out to Dad and Kathie's for some breakfast and play time. Clara and Eleanor are still very much in the parallel-play age. They kind of watch each other, and Clara kind of pokes Eleanor every once in a while, but they don't interact too much.
They did both, however, enjoy inspecting Grandpa's new deck. I know they're already scheming about how this will be the "house" and they will be the "moms". Or...maybe I'm just thinking what Sarah and I would have been doing...
Henry and Grandpa had a few belly laughs watching their favorite Pixar Shorts dvd (shortly before Dad's blu-ray player exploded...sorry Dad).
Then we headed downtown for some last chance family day activities. We saw my friend Liz and got to meet the newest addition to her family. Hello Kathrine! I now know you're a blog reader!!
And we ran into Darcie, Pope and Kirin as well. Kirin wasn't unhappy about seeing me...he was unhappy about having to leave the bubble-pool activity.
Henry got his face painted as Spiderman, but didn't seem to know how he felt about it. Any time anyone would say "Hey Spidey!!" he'd say, very defiantly "I'm not Spiderman! I'm Henry! I just got my face painted!"
My favorite part of any Iowa City summer festival is always the food vendors. Today I had my second helping from the Masala tent. Clara and Henry shared my mango lassi. Pete, shockingly, did not have a funnel cake the whole weekend! You will also see Adelaide hanging out in this picture...
The drive home was long, with a detour around the cracked i-80 bridge. Clara didn't nap the entire time. She did crack herself up quite a bit, however. Here she is playing "Look at me with this wipe on my head!!"
And here's Henry about 32 seconds before he conked out and then drooled half of his facepaint onto his shirt.
Crossing the Big Muddy...
Now we're home. Had a late dinner, late bedtimes for the kids...
It was so nice to be in Iowa City and just run into dear friends. Of course we have dear friends here, but we have to schedule time to see them. And we run into people that we're friendly with, but it's not the same as bumping into a true friend on the street. I know we're not so far away, but I just hate all of that time on the interstate.
So, this week is my last week of school. Kind of hard to believe, since the weather still feels like March. My summer weekends are filling up, but I'm looking forward to some unstructured summer days!

1 comment:

carrie said...

nice work getting some photos yesterday. i dropped the ball on that front. we had a great weekend, too!