Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm Afraid to Move

I should be doing dishes or coursework or napping myself, but I'm kind of afraid to move. The kids were a challenge to get down for naps, but they were SO tired from our morning at the Botanic Garden. Here are a few highlights. Clara toddled all over the place...
And they both got extremely wet in the rose garden fountain. Note how Henry is practically leaning on the sculpture and the water is pouring directly onto Clara's shoes.
Here you can start to get a feel for how wet they were. This does not, however, show how they looked after walking around for another half-hour and after Clara sat down (several times) in the dirt path.
Ah well. What is childhood about if it's not about getting all wet and dirty just for the hell of it? Now I'm going to try to close my eyes for a moment on the couch....which I'm sure will guarantee the kids will wake in about 3 minutes.

1 comment:

Beehave said...

I think that the final photo is one of the cutest shots of Clara's cheeks ever. I want to reach out and squish them, they are so lovable.
I know what you mean about being on eggshells when the starts align and both babes are snoozing. I am often so surprised by that turn of events I don't know what to do with myself.