Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Recent Activities

Clara has created a new activity for herself. She passes many quiet moments taking all of the crayons out of the box and placing them in a nice, tidy little stack. She then puts them back in the box and starts all over again. Sometimes there is soft talking to herself while she does this. It's very cute.
It's been very hot these last couple of days. Yesterday we were inside most of the day, with the air on. By the time I was getting ready to fix dinner I thought the kids should get outside again, so I asked Pete to take them out for some water play. I'm not sure the water from the rain barrel was quite as refreshing as hose water would be, and I'm a little concerned that the kids might be getting malaria after putting various water toys in their mouths after the water had been out in the heat for at least 24 hours...
Pete was away for dinner tonight, so Henry and I made our favorite tortilla pizzas. He gave his a face. It's almost as cute as his own.
Clara also did some work in the kitchen.
She was delighted to show me what she had cooking.
After enjoying our delicious creations I got some video of Clara sharing some of her "words". I'm a little impressed with her level of cooperation and cuteness in these videos.




After dinner we went out in the yard. I did a little watering and then there was quite a bit of hose play. Henry actually ran through the "rain" I made for him. This is new. It gives me high hopes for learning to swim this summer. That is...if we ever get our butts over to the pool. Tomorrow looks to be slightly cooler...here's hoping I can get outside for some weeding.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Very sweet videos. Also a pretty cute face by that pizza!

andlish

carrie said...

oh, the cuteness! it's...almost...too...much...to...bear!

W.F. Decker said...

That grin on Henry's face really reminds me of similar pictures of his Dad. Little Pete?

Sarah said...

Clara is so adorable with her talking and signing! Zach is the same way about getting wet. He starts swim lessons in a couple of weeks, and I'm worried he really won't want to put his face in the water.

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

I always want to leave comments on your blog posts, but always get to the end and don't know where to start! Here, though, the end is definately where I'd start: What a cute, sweet and patient little gal you've got, there - and a great signer, too!

p.s. We spent the afternoon at a lake that had a fair number of mosquitos and marshy areas, yesterday, and I had a fleeting thought along the same lines...